Why choose Ross Property Management, Inc. to manage your home?
At Ross Property Management, Inc. we want to make your investment property our priority. We are here to maximize your profit and minimize hassle. Investment property takes a fair amount of time to manage. We are here to take care of all the details of managing property from Rent collection, maintenance and repair requests, tenant problems, contract enforcement, property periodic maintenance, monthly statements, etc. just to name a few of our daily tasks. We are also available 24/7/365 for maintenance emergencies. We perform periodic inspections to make sure your home stays in tip top shape. We will find you the best qualified tenants that will take care of your home so it will hold its value. Our agents are here to handle any issue no matter how big or small so you can sit back relax and know that your property is being managed by professionals who will be there and take care of your property.
"Ross Property Management took over a difficult tenant situation I was trying to manage on my own. They did a great job for both parties involved. I will never consider property management on my own again; RPM has provided us and our tenants with great value and service for over a dozen years."
-Vince N., Property Owner
“Ross Property Management has been our property management company since 1995. Bud Cornett and his daughter Shena are true professionals in showing the property, screening prospective tenants, and most especially in dealing with the tenants. In 18 years, we have had only 3 very happy renters.”
-Fernando & Estrella L., Property Owners
“We’ve been with Ross for the past 6 years! It’s truly hassle free! They handle all the details of managing your property for you. From advertising, tenant screening, major/minor maintenance, rent collection, and tenant move in/out. All we do as landlords is to collect our timely rent deposits every month. I wish there are companies like Ross out there for my other rental properties.”
-Onnei C., Property Owner
“After more than 30 years of managing my family's rental property I felt that it was time to turn over that responsibility to a property management agency. I selected Ross Property Management after interviewing several local agencies. It has now been approximately 5 years since doing so and I am enjoying a new found freedom from the tenant phone calls and the day to day stresses attributed to rental property ownership. Ross Property Management's staff is right on top of any property or tenant issues and they are handled efficiently, quickly, and within my best interest. One of the best decisions I ever made was to enlist the services of Shena Cornett and the staff at Ross Property Management.”
-Francis V. , Owner
We provide tenant finding services for both our property management clients and those who use our Lease Only service and choose to self-manage their properties.
- Property inspection and evaluation
- Property photo shoot
- Comprehensive research of current rental value
- Property posted on Ross’ website along with multiple other real estate websites (e.g. craigslist, hotpads, Zillow, etc.)
- Property listed on our phone hotline
- Professional For-Rent Sign placed on the property with color brochures featuring your property
- Property featured on Ross’s social media sights (twitter and facebook)
- Prospective tenant’s inquiries are answered promptly.
- Showings are coordinated and scheduled through our office.
- A licensed agent or qualified staff member are present at all property showings.
- Credit Checks
- Criminal Background Checks
- Eviction Checks
- Employment Verifications
- Residency Verifications (Prior Landlord checks)
*All applicants are presented to Owners for final decisions
- Professional Leases are drawn and signed
- Security Deposit and First Month’s Rent Collected
Property Management Services
We are a full service property management company. We can also customize our services to suit your needs.
- Move-in and Move-out inspections
- Periodic property inspections
- Major renovations and/or big maintenance projects inspected regularly, tracked from start to finish
- Rent collection
- Monthly and Year-to-Date income/expense reports
- Mortgage Payments
- Insurance Payments
- Tax Payments
- HOA Dues Payments
- Tenants can request repairs via phone or online
- Rapid response for repairs
- 24/7 Emergency Repair hotline
- Preventative maintenance suggestions, assistance and overseeing the projects
- Assist and oversee with major property updates (kitchens, bathrooms, flooring, paint, landscape, etc.)
- Access to quality contractors and companies (all licensed and insured)
- Timely response to all tenant and owner inquiries
- Monitor leases and tenant’s compliance
- Periodic review of property’s market rental rate
- Eviction Support and Assistance
Frequently Asked Questions
I have a property I am interested in renting. What are my options?
RPM offers lease-only as well as full management programs.
Lease only is a onetime leasing of your property. We handle all of the marketing, advertising, and showing required to find a tenant for your property. We carefully screen all applicants and deliver a qualified tenant and signed lease.
Full management will also secure a tenant while providing full management service during the lease period. We collect rent, pay bills, and handle all maintenance. We can also pay your mortgage, insurance, HOA dues, and property taxes if you wish.
What are some of the benefits associated with choosing full management?
We provide monthly financial statements to reflect all activity related to the property. We also do yearly inspections of the property and send you written reports of the findings. When at the property, we examine the overall condition as well as look for preventative maintenance items. Additional periodic inspections may be done at the owners’ request.
What steps does RPM take to evaluate prospective tenants?
After a prospective tenant completes an application, we verify their employment and income level, check their references including previous landlord, and review their credit history. We review all information regarding the tenant with you and assist you in making the decision to rent to a prospective tenant. Following your approval, the lease is drawn and signed and the security deposit and rents are collected.
How quickly can I expect RPM to find a tenant?
The length of time it takes to find a tenant depends on the property type, location, condition, and rent. Our goal is to secure a tenant within 30 days of acquiring the property. Using their knowledge of market trends, our agents help owners set a rental price that allows them to maximize their dollar without allowing the property to remain vacant for long periods of time. The most important factor in leasing a property quickly is determining a competitive rental price. The second most influential factor in leasing a home quickly is the home’s condition. Clean, crisp homes rent first. This means the interior, carpets, walls, windows, drawers, cabinets, etc. should be free of dust, dirt and stains. Your agent will help you prepare the home to be listed.
What will be my responsibilities with Lease Only vs. Full Management?
- Lease Only: Owners are responsible for all rent collection, maintenance issues and move in/out inspections with their tenants once the tenant signs the lease contract.
- Full Management: RPM handles all rent collection and maintenance issues related to the property. When a new tenant moves in, we will complete a written move in inspection of the property’s condition with pictures. This report is used when the tenant moves out to assess damages or repairs that are the tenant’s responsibility. You will receive a monthly financial statement showing all income and expenses for the month.
I’m interested in listing my property through Ross Property Management. What is the next step?
Call or email our office to make an appointment with one of our agents, (925) 462-9090 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Investing in Leading Technology
We have invested in a web-based property management and accounting software from AppFolio so our experienced team can manage your properties with the highest level of service. Our software not only provides great benefits to our office but we are also able to share many of these benefits with you:
- Respond more quickly and offer excellent service to both owners and residents.
At any time and from anywhere, we are able to securely access data about all properties. Sensitive records are safely stored in a state-of-art data center which is automatically and routinely backed up.
- Save time and paper by using email to send monthly owner statements.
The statements are organized in a concise and easy to read format that details the performance of your property for the previous month. We can also post these monthly statements on a secure Owners Portal.
- Process and respond to maintenance requests more quickly.
We can quickly resolve issues by accessing vendor information and using electronic work orders for more efficient communication. All records are stored for future access.
- Pay you even faster every month.
Deposits can go directly into your bank account using ACH (electronic payments).
- Market your properties in more locations across the Internet, filling vacancies much faster.
Our integrated system lets us professionally advertise your properties on our company Web site, Craigslist, and other Internet locations.
- Prospective residents can apply online with the click of a button.
Online applications are integrated with all vacancy postings. This means we avoid paper applications, saving lots of time and ultimately filling vacancies more quickly.
- Tenants can avoid sending rent checks by paying their rent online.
We avoid the time and expense of managing rent checks each month and this is a great value-add service for residents.
- Respond more quickly and offer excellent service to both owners and residents.
Owner Statements Available Online
Did you know that you can now access your owner statements online?
- Concise statements covering the performance of your property for the previous month
- All data on your property is stored in a state-of-the-art data center
- Access information about your property 24/7
- Access information about your property from anywhere with an internet connection
How it works:
In order to keep your financials secure, we use a state of the art portal system which communicates with your email.
Each time you wish to view your reports, you must visit the portal and enter in your email address. You will be emailed a single-use link where you can view your statements. This link does not have a time limit, however, it will only work once.
View Owner Statements